The Royal Oak congregation began meeting in 1934 on the second floor of the Sullivan Building at 3rd and Main Street in downtown Royal Oak. Later the church bought a house on University and Washington, meeting there from 1936 until the present site was purchased at 11 Mile Road and S. Campbell Road.
The congregation met temporarily at Catalpa and Main while the basement of the present site was being built on Campbell Road.
Over the years several additions were completed including the main auditorium and offices in the 1970’s and a classroom wing with a multipurpose room in the 1980’s. The Royal Oak church also operated Luckett Christian School for over 30 years, between 1975 to 2005.
Former preachers at Royal Oak include: Artis Ford, Robert Oz, Henry Pierce, Paul Shaw, L.C. Utley, Robert Lyles, Bill Hatcher, Wm. D. Medearis, L.S. Maynard, Paul McGaughey, K.D. Pittman, Maurice Hall, Glendol Grimes, J. Wm. Nicks, Brother Clifton, Clydre Balderson, Warren Whitelaw, Brother Porter, John Belasco, David Fox and our current preacher is Peter Morphy.