ReOpening for Worship
We have been meeting together as a church family at our
building for worship since Sunday, May 31st.
PLEASE NOTE: The following plans and guidelines are for Sunday worship. We may make changes in the future weeks based upon assessment, best practices and congregational needs. Come back regularly to see if there are updates.
News from the Elders: August 25th Update
WEDNESDAY BIBLE CLASSES
The elders have decided to begin our Wednesday evening Bible class program on September 9th at 7:00pm.
BIBLE CLASS OPTIONS
The mid-week Romans Bible class will be in the auditorium for adults and teens (as well as streamed on our YouTube channel). The 1st grade through 6th grade students will be in the Fellowship Hall and the 2 year old through kindergarten children will be in Room 122. Those 7th grade and up will meet with adults in the auditorium.
Masks must be worn while walking or standing in our building, but can be removed while seated in class. We will also continue to practice social distancing.
NO CHANGE to SUNDAY 11:00 WORSHIP
The first worship service at 9:30am will continue with masks required to be worn at all times while in the building (except to take the Lord's Supper) as we have been doing.
The elders will continue to monitor the COVID-19 impact in this area. We will keep you informed about additional changes to our gatherings. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
We will have two identical worship services which will be about 40 minutes in length:
9:30am - Masks are required at all times while inside the building
11:00am - Masks are required while walking and standing in the building, but can be removed while sitting down during worship
- We will also be live-streaming the 11:00am worship so people can watch at home on our YouTube channel. The entire worship service will be saved there for future viewing. Click here to view the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RoyalOakChurchofChristMI
- There will be NO Bible classes and NO toddler room.
- We will not have Youth Worship on Sunday morning, but we will continue on ZOOM on Sundays at 5:30. Go the the website for more details and log-in instructions: http://royaloakyouthworship.com/
- The nursery will be available for mothers with infants.
Our attitude and action is based upon the following Bible verses:
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. (Philippians 2:3-4)
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:18)
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. (Romans 14:19)
BELOW IS THE MOST RECENT NOTE FROM OUR ELDERS (July 15, 2020):
Information Update: In an effort to reopen more of our church related activities, the elders are monitoring the COVID-19 impact in the area
The elders recently met to discuss beginning Wednesday evening Bible classes for adults and children. They have decided to wait until September when they will reconsider the possibility.
We will keep you informed. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
We are taking many steps to ensure safe and sanitary conditions in order that we do not spread the virus.
1) if you are feeling sick, have a cough or cold, have a temperature, have chills, have new digestive problems, have recently lost taste or smell or have been around people with COVID-19 in recent days, please stay home and participate with our on-line streaming;
2) cleaning and sanitizing surfaces will be done after every service;
3) our goal is to create a touch-free enviornment -no attendance cards, tracts, brochures, etc.; we will e-mail the weekly bulletin and have paper copies in the lobby for people to take;
4) masks must be worn according to the requirements of each service (we will have a mask for you if you don't have one or forget to bring one);
5) do your best to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between people who are not in your immediate household;
6) we encourage any fellowship or discussions to take place in the parking lot where there is a lot of room and fresh air circulating;
7) the only doors that will be used are the (a) main entrance under the blue canopy and (b) Campbell Road entrance;
8) additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed in key areas;
9) seating in the auditorim will be spaced according to social distancing guidelines based on those living in your household;
10) communion preparation and delivery will be done with great care and caution to reduce possible transfer of any germs;
11) we will have the portable / disposable communion bread & juice containers in the lobby and back of the auditorium for everyone who would like to pick one up as they move toward their seat
SUNDAY RECOMMENDATIONS ... before you leave home
a) if you are feeling sick, have a cough or a cold, have a temperature, have chills, have new digestive problems, have recently lost taste or smell; or have been around someone with COVID-19 in recent days, please stay home and participate with our on-line streaming;
b) in order to limit the need to use the restroom at church (which is a high touch area):
i) try to limit drinking a couple of hours before you come to worship (especially caffiene products);
ii) make sure you go to the restroom at home just before you leave for worship;
c) remember to bring your face mask with you (if you forget or don't have one, we will have disposable masks at the building);
d) wash your hands before leaving the house to come to church
e) remember that you can not hug, kiss, shake hands, elbow bump, etc, with people at church (6 feet distance rule);
f) try to do your conversing and fellowshipping in the parking lot where there is a lot of room and fresh air;
g) wash your hands when you arrive home
h) thanks for helping out in keeping everyone safe.