We're involved in various ways to serve those who have few resources.
1) Helping the Homeless involves collecting, sorting and preparing clothing items to be distributed to the homeless in Detroit. We will go out with all the items and hot food and beverages in November to pass out theses much needed items to any we meet who are living on the streets of Detroit.
Right now we are beginning to collect needed items that will be needed in the colder months. (Fall to Winter)
2) Community Garden is an ongoing ministry to use our vacant lot to plant a large vegetable garden which is maintained by our members and neighbors from the community so that the fresh produce can be given to any who have need. (Spring to Fall)
3) Food Pantry with Non-perishable Food is available to our members after worship services and to those in our community when requested. Our members bring in requested canned and boxed goods as well as personal hygiene products.
4) God's Helping Hands is a church of Christ operated ministry which constantly needs volunteers to sort, fold and distribute clothing and food products. Our teens schedule work days when they serve at GHH. (Various Times)
5) Gleaners Food Bank is a non-profit organization that collects food products from stores, outlets and restaurants to distribute to the poor. Our teens volunteer to work with this distribution outlet . (Various Times)
6) South Oakland Shelter (SOS) is a program where homeless people can live for up to three months in order to get the financial help, stability and resources needed to find a place where they can live. People receive support and tools to find employment, secure a adequate income or return to school for additional training.